When servicing the crankshaft pulley or crankshaft sensor, it is important to check sensor to trigger wheel alignment. If timing is incorrect you could have a hard start, fault codes or a no start condition.
The following fault codes may be set:
- P0016 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
- P0017 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
- P0018 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor A)
- P0019 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor B)
- P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
- P0336 - Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
- P061C - Internal Control Module Engine RPM Performance
- P1336 - Crankshaft/Camshaft Sensor Range/Performance
Two special tools are needed to perform the procedure:
- Crankshaft sensor alignment tool – 303-1521
- TDC Timing peg 303-507
Begin by preparing the vehicle. Place transmission in Neutral. Raise and support the front of the vehicle safely. Remove the right front wheel well liner.
Rotate crankshaft until cylinder 1 is 45 degrees BTDC. Use the alignment holes on timing cover and crankshaft pulley.
Working above the right drive axle, remove the crankcase timing plug
Install the TDC timing peg finger tight
Rotate engine by hand clockwise until crankshaft makes contact with timing peg. Do not use excessive force.
Hole on crankshaft pulley will align with hole on timing cover.
Install a 6mm x 18mm bolt through the crankshaft pulley TDC guide hole and into the engine front cover TDC guide hole.
Disconnect the crankshaft sensor electrical connector
Install the crankshaft sensor alignment tool.
If the sensor does not align with the TDC marked tooth on the crankshaft pulley, loosen the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) fasteners and adjust the sensor until the tool is aligned.
Once tool is aligned with TDC mark on crankshaft pulley, tighten CKP fasteners to 62 in-lbs. Remove special tools from engine and resintall TDC service plug. Reconnect electrical connector and assemble remaining items. Clear and stored fault codes and perfrom the Misfire Monitor Neutral Position profile Correction procedure.
Need help with this procedure or still have a fault code that will not clear, contact Autologic for help.